Tuesday, April 8, 2008

(I can see) . . . the light at the end of the tunnel. . .

A day like this Monday was the reason I got into teaching. The students were finishing off their presentations and 30 second voice overs. They submitted their work via email and thumb drive and I have to say I was truly impressed. Students cut in musical themes, included dramatic voices, and just displayed a really good grasp of the material. It will be forthcoming when I can find some time.

I must apologize for the lack of images. I have Persians, Peltasts, and fourteen nicely painted Spartans. I will get them up ASAP.

A special thanks to Jack Gaudette who painted a unit of Spartans, Mark McLaughlin who painted a unit of Persian archers, and Jesse Polo-Neil who helped paint up the difficult and multi-colored Persian Immortals. These fine gentlemen took time out of their busy lives to help the students have nicely painted models to push around the table.

I also started making Mt. Kallidromos, out of rigid insulation board. So many projects.


Pictures to follow soon. I promise

Mr. Webster

No comments: